- Showcased paint additives such as wetting and dispersing agents, stabilizers and neutralizers
- Emulsogen® LCN 118 by Clariant is APEO-free and low VOC, acts as an emulsifier, compatibilizer, wetting agent and dispersing agent
- Innovative formulation expertiseto support the growing demand for environmentally friendlier solutions for the Indian paints & coatings market
Clariant, a world leader in specialty chemicals, highlighted its innovative portfolio that focuses on solutions for water-based architectural coatings and enables the manufacture of paints to comply with ecolabel criteria at a customer symposium held recently in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
Under the theme: ‘Additives for Paints & Coatings, Expertise For The Big Picture’, Clariant invited customers to showcase solutions that are simplified, yet enhance sustainability aspects that meet the market needs and conform to the latest regulatory requirements.
As the domestic market continues to grow, Clariant offers tailor-made products and optimized solutions to satisfy the specific needs of the local market. Key products and solutions featured at the customer symposium were:
- Emulsogen® LCN 118that can be used as compatibilizer to improve tinting strength and to reduce rub-out, water absorption and haze effects. It is low VOC, free of alkylphenol ethoxylates (APEO), readily biodegradable, easy to handle (liquid material; soluble in water) and FDA approved.
- Nipacide®providing excellent preservation adjusted to the Paints and coatings industry’s needs, with in-can and dry-film preservation for water and solvent based paints.
- Genamin®NT 018, a cost-effective pH neutralizing agent for low odor, waterborne paints. It is a suitable replacement for ammonia and other neutralizing agents such as aminomethyl propanol (AMP). Genamin NT 018 meets all performance parameters in terms of pH stability, low odor, freeze thaw stability, controlled color properties, controlled gloss and opacity, stable viscosity and scrub resistance.
At Clariant we are constantly developing new ways in which we can improve our solutions to ensure that we anticipate our customer’s requirements. We provide our customers with various services including:Local Production, Technical service, Microbiology testing, Hygiene Audit and Regulatory support.
Gautam Kanthadai, Head-Sales and Application Development, Industrial and Consumer Specialties – India, said, “Gujarat is a strategic market for Clariant’s Paints & Coatings business which is part of BU Industrial and Consumer Specialties. Our innovative and sustainable solutions like Emulsogen® and Genamin® offer best-in-class performance. Our solutions help meet our customers needs to fill in specific gaps for efficiency in production process and reduce the formulation complexity.”
Clariant is a globally leading specialty chemicals company, based in Muttenz near Basel/Switzerland. The company employed a total workforce of 18 135. In the financial year 2017, Clariant recorded sales of CHF 6.377 billion for its continuing businesses. The company reports in four Business Areas: Care Chemicals, Catalysis, Natural Resources, and Plastics & Coatings. Clariant’s corporate strategy is based on five pillars: focus on innovation and R&D, add value with sustainability, reposition portfolio, intensify growth, and increase profitability.
Clariant in India, headquartered in Mumbai, operates in the businesses of Industrial & Consumer Specialties, Pigments, Masterbatches, Additives, Functional Minerals, Mining Services, Healthcare Packaging and Catalysts. The company has manufacturing units at several locations in India, spread across Vashere & Roha in Maharashtra; Cuddalore in Tamil Nadu; Rania, Kalol & Nandesari in Gujarat; Nagda in Madhya Pradesh; Bonthapally in Telangana and Edayar in Kerala.
With three dedicated Application Centers and a state-of-the art Regional Innovation Center, the company is committed to innovative and sustainable solutions for the emerging regional needs in India. Clariant in India is also actively engaged in various community initiatives supporting education, nutrition and employability.
This message contains information which may be confidential and privileged. Unless you are the intended recipient (or authorized to receive this message for the intended recipient), you may not use, copy, disseminate or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message. Thank you very much.